The St. Olaf’s theme year for 2012-2013 is Innovation in the Liberal Arts: Creative Problem Solving from an Interdisciplinary Perspective.
We have three key activities that we have engaged in this year:
- Innovation Discussion Events
- Learning Communities (submission form below)
- Student Innovation Competition
Our mission is to elevate creativity and innovation in both our pedagogy and our curriculum.
Specifically our three goals are:
1. To highlight much of what we are already doing in terms of innovation and to help our students understand that they are developing very real transferable skills through their liberal education.
2. To focus on pedagogy that promotes the building of creative skills in our student body.
3. To promote the interdisciplinary that is already present among our majors and programs and challenge faculty to become even more active in this regard.
We would like to invite you to join us in an interdisciplinary discussion on this website, posting questions, insights and recommendations that you think would effectively develop these goals.
2012-2013 Theme Year Committee
Competition Submission Form
If you would like to submit a proposal for the Student Innovation Competition, please fill out the form below: